Overnight Women’s Center Guest Supervisor
Overnight Guest Services Supervisor in the Women & Children’s Center at the Eugene Mission, a Wellness Center for those experiencing homelessness. The Women’s Center shelters up to 60 women and 12 Mothers with Children each day/night. (Note: this position has a bona-fide occupational requirement to be a female).
Guest Services Supervisor in Women & Children’s Center
Women and Children’s Center Manager
Manage front desk responsibilities: Update logs and the bed register as needed to assure accurate records. Maintain security by frequent walk-throughs. Assist late night arrivals and guests returning from work. Handle upsets in the center with kindness and authority. Handle 911 contact and non-emergency needs for guests as needed. Communicate with management and staff at shift changes so that all are informed of any situations that need attention. Communicate with the Women’s Life Change Manager as needed regarding Life Change members. Process laundry, restock supplies, prep building for the day shift. Be prepared to assist guests who need additional attention during the night who may be working through mental illness and addiction recovery.
– Maintain accurate records in Excel and Service Point, answer phones.
– Process drug test UA’s and alcohol swabs before check-in and randomly.
– Maintain safety and security of the building and guests.
– Distribute personal items as needed to guests.
– Refer guests to case managers when they need counsel beyond assistance at the front desk.
– Participate in the on-call rotation and vacation coverage.
– Attend staff meetings.
– Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
– Other duties as assigned by manager.
GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR I
– 1 year experience in a front office/administrative setting — proficient in Outlook, Microsoft word and excel.
– 1 year experience working with women in crisis, mental illness, addiction or care facility required, two years or more preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to multi-task and maintain direction with frequent interruptions.
– Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non-judgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
– Ability to remain calm and handle crisis in emergency situations.
– Able to support the Mission’s statement of faith and be comfortable in a Christian environment.
– Ability to express the love of God to our guests through daily interactions and when de-escalation of a situation is necessary.
GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR II
– All of the above qualifications
– QMHA-equivalent qualified – must have a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field or a combination of at least three years of relevant work, training, education or experience.
– Salary: $12.75- $15.75 per hour (includes $1.00 per hour overnight differential)
– Prorated PTO
This position is three days a week and can be Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday OR Saturday/ Sunday/ Monday
11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Note: The Eugene Mission is a faith based Christian Ministry and as such, pursuant to Civil Rights Act Section702, the Eugene Mission has the right to inquire about applicant’s faith as a consideration of employment.
If interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@eugenemission.org!