Guest Services Supervisor for MOMS/KIDS
Guest Services Supervisor in Women & Children’s Center (primarily working in Mothers & Children’s Wing)
Do you love kids, want to help homeless moms with emergency & stabilizing services? This may be the job for you! The shift is from 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and other on-call shifts may be available. Also, the regularly scheduled days of the week may be flexible for the right candidate. To apply SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME to HR@Eugenemission.org!
Women and Children’s Center Manager
Manage front desk responsibilities: Guest registration and check outs. Update logs and the bed register as needed to ensure accurate records. Assist guests with requests for personal items. Maintain chore assignment records, cleanliness and safety of the centers. Assist with baggage and boutique needs. Refer guests to case managers as needed. Handle upsets in the center in a professional manner, assertive and calm. Handle 911 contact and non-emergency needs for guests as needed. Communicate with management and staff at shift changes so that all are informed of any situations that need attention. Communicate with Supportive Services staff as needed. Accompany guests to the main kitchen for lunch/dinner per shift requirements. The goals of this position are to maintain a safe, clean, and functioning environment for guests.
• Maintain accurate records in Excel and Service Point, answer phones.
• Process UA’s and alcohol swabs before check-in and randomly.
• Distribute personal items as needed to guests.
• Ensure the safety, security and cleanliness of the building and guests.
• Occasional cleaning and sorting as needed.
• Assist guests with completing paperwork or explaining policies and procedures as needed.
• Refer guests to Supportive Services staff and/or Women and Children’s Center Manager when they need counsel beyond assistance at the front desk.
• De-escalate situations as needed and be prepared to work with guests experiencing crisis and severe mental health issues.
• Participate in the on-call rotation and vacation coverage.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Preferred ability to meet QMHA standards and qualifications – must have a bachelor’s degree in behavioral science or a combination of at least years of relevant work, training, education or experience.
• Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel programs, ability to lean or navigate Service Point database.
• Education and/or experience working with women, families and/or children in crisis preferred.
• Prefer some knowledge of mental illness and addiction.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain direction with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non-judgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
• Able to support the Eugene Mission’s statement of faith and be comfortable working in a Christian environment.
• Ability to express the love of God to our guests through daily interactions and when de-escalation of a situation is necessary.
• Wages: $11.75 to 13.75
• Medical, dental and life insurance for full-time employees
• Retirement plan after 1 year (for those working 1000 hours per year)
• PTO – paid time off (part time and full time) and selected holidays (full time)